Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Wheeling it in the Twin Cities

Anyone who know's Kevin, knows that in the past year, he's become an avid cyclist.  It was something he'd always wanted to do, and finally bought a bike (aka his "baby") early last Spring.

One of the reasons we decided to make the move to the Twin Cities is that Minneapolis was named the #1 Most Bicycle Friendly Cities in the country. So, once it started warming up, (or in Minnesotan "when the temperature rose above 45 degrees") Kevin started exploring the Cities by bike.  One afternoon, he came across this just off one of the cycling paths that connects St. Paul to Minneapolis:





Certainly not something he'd see on his regular route in Memphis!


Kevin's so excited about cycling weather, that on his last trip home, he brought me these:






For my friends who aren't cyclists, those are Louis Garneau cycling pants and a Garneau Jersey. Very nice stuff!  They'll be perfect for cycling all over the Cities.. Or even in Memphis.  Small problem... I don't own a bike.. yet.  So until I get one, I guess I'll have to be content looking at them in my closet...

No comments: