Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Officially Official... The Brandt Girls Are Heading North

So after 6 months of keeping two households almost 1000 miles apart, the entire Brandt Family will be living in one city! That's right, we're packing it up like the Clampetts and are going to head north to St. Paul. So, on Saturday morning, we'll start our 2-day road trip across 5 states with two adults, one kiddo and a canine. It's sure to be an adventure!


I've been very lucky and was offered a position with the American Cancer Society doing Community Relations. I will be responsible for 4 Relay for Life events and another event called Daffodil Days. I'm super excited to be heading back into the world of non-profits and fundraising. I start next Monday!


On another note, we found out earlier this week that Sophie was accepted to our top choice for school for next year! She'll be in one of the top public elementary schools in the area. She's very excited about first grade and making new friends in the fall.  And I really do mean fall. Schools start the day after Labor Day up there as opposed to the first week of August in Memphis. Sophie lucked out this summer and will get a full 3 months of vacation!


I'll be posting pics of our journey, so stay tuned!

No comments: