The drive up from Memphis took us two full days. We loaded my SUV as full as we could get it (roof rack included) and headed up North looking like the Clampetts. Oh our way up we learned that Illinois is very flat... They apparently grow lots of corn and windmills.
Wisconsin is known for its cheese. And there was an abundance of cheese shops on the way up. We stopped in Tomah at Humbird Cheese and picked up a variety of yummies. Sophie wanted this hat:
We decided to pass.
Our weekends have been pretty full since we got here. We've made trips to the Science Museum and the Children's Museum. Sophie has had a blast at both.
![]() |
| Scientist Sophie at the Science Museum |
![]() |
| Turtle Sophie at the Children's Museum |
Cycling is huge in Minnesota, and there is a race almost every weekend. Last weekend Kevin's cycling team, Flat City Cycling, hosted a criterium race in as part of the Hopkins Raspberry Festival. (Translation for non-cyclists: this race was a bunch of cyclists divided by age/class riding around a 2-block course for 45 minutes). We had a great time watching all of the races.
![]() |
| Watching her Dad race. |
![]() |
| Yes, that's Kevin in the middle dressed like a granola bar... the team is sponsored by Nature Valley. |
I'm well into Week 3 of my new job. I'm working on Community Relations with the American Cancer Society. The job is AMAZING! I have a portfolio of 5 Relay for Life events and another fundraiser called Daffodil Days for west Hennepin County (the area to the west of Minneapolis). This friday night I will experience my first Relay For Life in about 20 years. I am SO excited! Hopefully, it won't take me 3 weeks to post photos!






No comments:
Post a Comment